Chromebook Lending Policy
The Brown Memorial Library provides Chromebooks for the education and enrichment of its patrons.
The Internet contains many different kinds of materials, some of which may be deemed to be of a controversial or offensive nature. In offering Internet access, the library and its staff cannot control nor assume any responsibility for:
- Validity of information
Chromebooks come packaged with a mobile hotspot for the convenience of our patrons. Hotspots connected to a Chromebook package may not be checked out individually.
Agreement and Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older to check out a Chromebook
- Borrowers must be a Brown Memorial Library cardholder in good standing.
- A valid Driver’s License/State ID with a current address on file must be presented at the time of checkout.
- An agreement must be signed at the time of checkout stating the borrower understands and will abide by the guidelines.
- Chromebooks may be checked out for 7 days.
- Patrons will be charged $1.00 per day for overdue Chromebooks up to the cost of the item(s).
- Overdue Chromebooks will be deactivated.
- Limit of one Chromebook per account.
- Limit of one Hold per account.
- Chromebooks may not be renewed.
- Chromebooks must be returned in person. A staff person will do a visual check to ensure that the device and accessories are returned in good condition.
- Borrowers will be responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment or is repeatedly late in returning electronic devices.
- Chromebooks are to be used for educational, informational, and recreational purposes only. Any unauthorized, illegal, or unethical use is prohibited.
- Patrons are responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of Chromebooks cords, adapters, cases, etc.
- Replacement Costs:
- Chromebook $338.00
- Case $43.00
- Charger Block & Charger Cord $40.00
- Mobile hotspot $100
- Patrons are not permitted to purchase their own replacement items.
October 13, 2020