The Director has overall responsibility for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all Library operations. Will work successfully with staff, Board of trustees, government officials and community patrons. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, implementing Board policies and program decisions; works with fiscal officer to develop budget; developing and implementing long-range capital improvements plans. Also represents the library in both the public and professional communities. Must be self-motivated, organized, efficient, and productive with excellent time management skills.
Responsible to Patrons
- Assures that the library environment is pleasant and that the facilities and services meet customer needs and are easy to use.
- Assures that the staff is responsive to the customer and deals with them in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Resolves customer problems.
Responsibilities to the Board
- Develops agenda for Board meetings.
- Provides data on operations and submits reports on the progress of activities.
- Recommends policies and advises the Board on operational, fiscal, staffing, and facilities matters.
- Carries out the directives and policies of the Board. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
- Prior Library experience is preferred. Knowledge of best practices and trends in library technologies.
- Customer service principles and techniques.
- Principles and techniques of employee supervision, training, and scheduling.
- Demonstrate computer technology proficiency at the basic to intermediate level.
This position is around 36 hours a week and requires some evenings and Saturdays. Salary and benefits will be discussed at time of interview. Please send resume to Brown Memorial Library.
Applicants are asked to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at (937) 962-2377
Brown Memorial Public Library
101 South Commerce Street
Lewisburg, Ohio 45338